Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe | The Atria Kitchen
Posted on December 12, 2014 by Connie Dow
All varieties of root vegetables are in season right now, including parsnips, turnips, radishes, daikon, jicama, parsley root, celeriac, carrots, rutabaga, salsify and beets. Sweet potatoes and yams are also in season. Many root vegetables are low in fat and calories, a good source of fiber, high in Vitamin C and excellent sources of Vitamin A. This recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables with Horseradish Vinaigrette would make a tasty and healthy side for your next holiday dinner.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
2 ea. Sweet Potatoes, large
4 ea. Parsnips, large
6 ea. Beets, medium
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Horseradish Vinaigrette (see subrecipe)
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
2. Peel parsnips and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Peel beets and cut into 1/2 in thick wedges.
4. Toss vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables on aluminum foil lined sheet pans.
5. Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes or until just tender; cool 15 minutes.
6. Place in serving dish and drizzle evenly with Horseradish Vinaigrette.
For NAS diets: Omit salt.
Category: The Atria Kitchen